8-HOUR PERMIT-REQUIRED CONFINED SPACE
COURSE REGULATION29 CFR 1910.146
- (g)(1): The employer shall provide training so that all employees whose work is regulated by this section acquire the understanding, knowledge, and skills necessary for the safe performance of the duties assigned under this section.
- (g)(2): Training shall be provided to each affected employee:
- (g)(2)(i): Before the employee is first assigned duties under this section;
- (g)(2)(ii): Before there is a change in assigned duties;
- (g)(2)(iii): Whenever there is a change in permit space operations that presents a hazard about which an employee has not previously been trained;
- (g)(2)(iv): Whenever the employer has reason to believe either that there are deviations from the permit space entry procedures required by paragraph (d)(3) of this section or that there are inadequacies in the employee’s knowledge or use of these procedures.
- (g)(3): The training shall establish employee proficiency in the duties required by this section and shall introduce new or revised procedures, as necessary, for compliance with this section.
- (g)(4): The employer shall certify that the training required by paragraphs (g)(1) through (g)(3) of this section has been accomplished. The certification shall contain each employee’s name, the signatures or initials of the trainers, and the dates of training. The certification shall be available for inspection by employees and their authorized representatives.