CPR/AED, FIRST AID & BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING
WE COME TO YOU!
Our CPR/AED, First Aid & Bloodborne Pathogens Course is Approved by the American Red Cross
In the CPR Section of the Course We Cover all of the Following:
- Activating the EMS systems
- Heart Attacks – recognizing signs & systems
- Identifying cardiac arrest
- Administering artificial respiration / “one rescuer” CPR techniques
- Performing obstructed airway procedures for unconcious & conscious people
- Performing practical skills
- Automated External Difibrilator (AED)
In the First Aid & Emergency Care Section of the Course We Cover All of the Following:
- Conducting primary & secondary surveys
- Controlling bleeding, treating for shock, applying basic bandaging
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Identification & treatment of burns and injuries from heat or cold
- Stabilization of impaled objects, eye and abdominal injuries
- Managing diabetic, seizure and poisoning emergencies
OSHA requires general business as well as the construction industry to have a person trained in First Aid onsite if your company does not have access to a medical facility nearby.
First aid training in general industry, 29 CFR 1910.151(b), provides:
In the absence of an infirmary, clinic, or hospital in near proximity to the workplace which is used for the treatment of all injured employees, a person or persons shall be adequately trained to render first aid. Adequate first aid supplies shall be readily available.
In the construction industry, 29 CFR 1926.50(c) provides:
In the absence of an infirmary clinic, hospital, or physician, that is reasonably accessible in terms of time and distance to the worksite, which is available for the treatment of injured employees, a person who has a valid certificate in first-aid training from the U.S. Bureau of Mines, the American Red Cross, or equivalent training that can be verified by documentary evidence, shall be available at the worksite to render first aid.